As CBA has expanded over the last 41 years, we’ve brought people-first car repair and maintenance to numerous communities across the nation. Beginning with our Texas roots, where our first franchised location opened in The Woodlands, we’re now operating more than 275 shops across 30 states.
Our success lies not only in our dedication to excellent automotive service but also in our strategic approach to entering new markets and selecting prime sites for CBA shops. In this post, we'll delve deeper into our real estate support and highlight the stories of two exceptional Franchisees, Darleen Reese and Brett Clancy, who have grown their business with CBA in new territories.
Securing a Site for Your CBA Shop
We understand that a great location is pivotal to the success of any business. Even within a competitive commercial real estate market, we're able to compete without deviating from our site selection criteria to find our Franchisees and Franchise Operators the perfect site. In addition to our real estate criteria, serious consideration is given to important factors such as demographics, psychographics, property size, price, zoning, traffic counts, and more.
Our in-house real estate team takes a data-driven approach to pinpoint optimal locations, combining high-tech databases with on-the-ground intelligence. Here's an overview of the steps involved in our site selection process:
- Research and Analysis: Our team conducts thorough market and demographic analyses, examining local demographics and traffic patterns. We also identify primary competitors in the area.
- Aerial Tour: To ensure that a potential site meets our high standards, we conduct an aerial tour of the area, assessing accessibility and visibility.
- Due Diligence: Once a site is selected, we initiate a formal due diligence process, creating civil, architectural, and building plans for the proposed location.
- Government Liaison: We work closely with local governments and agencies to secure the necessary building permits and variances.
- Construction Support: We assist franchisees in procuring building permits and overseeing the construction of their new location, ensuring it aligns with the necessary specifications.
- Final Inspections: Following construction, city inspections are conducted, and a Certificate of Occupancy is awarded, allowing for the opening of the new CBA shop.
We believe that our attention to detail in the site selection process can help our franchise owners hit the ground running. Now, let's take a closer look at the success stories of two remarkable Franchisees who have pioneered CBA’s success in new growth markets.
Brett Clancy: Expanding Our Presence in Idaho
In May 2014, Brett Clancy opened the very first CBA shop in Idaho. At nearly 5,000 square feet with nine service bays, the Meridian shop and its employees not only provide full-service automotive diagnostic testing and evaluation but also the thoughtful and supportive care that comes with the CBA approach. Brett’s first location amassed enough success that in June 2023, he signed on to expand in Star, Idaho, with his second shop to be located at 12440 W. Goldcrest Street. Having already broken ground at the site, Brett plans to open the doors of the second location in early 2024. Using our business model as a guide and his own unique community connections, Brett has thrived in his market entry; we’re thrilled to see him grow the business and wish him continued success in the years ahead.
Darleen Reese: Pioneering Outside of Texas
Darleen Reese is a trailblazer in the Christian Brothers Automotive franchise family. She opened her first shop in Brentwood, Tennessee in 2000, becoming the first to own a shop outside of Texas and one of our very first female shop owners. Over the past 23 years, Darleen has built a thriving business and strong relationships in her community. Her commitment to providing honest service has earned her a wealth of long-term customers. Being involved with her team and problem-solving alongside them is extremely important to Darleen and it creates the caring culture that guests can feel. Darleen’s long-standing career with CBA is a testament to her hard work and dedication and we are so proud of her achievements over the last two decades.
With CBA’s real estate expertise and extensive support, our Franchise Owners and Operators feel ready to accelerate into new markets with confidence. If you're interested in joining the Christian Brothers Automotive Franchise family, fill out our inquiry form and a member of our development team will be in touch.